Monday, December 21, 2009

Happy Holidays!

Happy Holidays. I usually really love this time of year but I am just too pregnant to care right now. Which is kind of sad. Baby boy Herrera has yet to make his debut yet. Although my doctor thinks that it will be any day now. I am hoping sooner rather than later becuase, even though it would be cute, I don't want to have him on Christmas and I would like to be home before Christmas. But, I guess I don't really have a ton of control about this. Doesn't he know he was supposed to be born in January! silly little guy. At least he was not as anxious as Max to get out (4 weeks early) Taryn would still have been in China. Taryn had the opportunity to go to China for work for about a week and a half and just got home Wednesday. Even though he is still trying to get over his jet lag I think that he enjoyed the trip. He got to work and then go and see some sites in Beijing. I will have to get his camera to post some of the cool pictures that he took. Max has been excited for Christmas. He loves to look at Christmas lights, redecorate our tree (the nice ornaments are up high so he can't get them) and he knows who Santa is but doesn't get the whole present thing. He also likes to play with the Nativity sets that he sees and rearrange them so everything is facing baby Jesus. It is so cute. Here are a couple pictures from earlier in the month.
These were taken at my parents neighborhood party. Max played in the snow, thought the fire was way cool and even posed with me for a picture. When he finally got cold and wanted to go inside he took off his shoes, socks and pants and then wanted a blanket and to watch a movie. I cracked up when he was taking his pants off.

2 comments:

........... said...

I hope your baby can hold on a few more days so you can have him after Christmas. Thats really exciting though. I'm happy for you guys. I can't wait to see him. Let me know if you need anything. Merry Christmas.

katie said...

merry christmas! i was soo excited to see that you had a post...and pictures! max is soo big! hopefully, you can hold out a few more days! awaiting confirmation of baby boy 2!